· Event Calendar
· Contact Us
· SPA Drugs Policy
· Manager's Page
· Discussion Forum
· News Archives
· Site Rules
· Scottish Singles
· Individual Membership
· Singles Honours
· Team Stats
· Photo Gallery
· Web Links
· RSS Feeds
Follow us on Twitter!
Join us on facebook!
Search this site
scottishladiespool.com - official website of the Scotland Ladies
Terms and conditions of site usage
Welcome to the Site!
1. Thank you for visiting scottishladiespool.com. We hope you enjoy using the site!
The Scottish Pool Association is the main
governing body for pool in
3. You will find all the links and major areas across the top, or down the left of the homepage.
4. The site has forums for general discussion on the SPA's official events, local league events and internationals, along with some non pool related chat and discussion. The main objective of a discussion community is communication amongst the members. As with our main site, you will be able to post your own comments and even start your own discussions in some parts of the site.
5. Continued usage of the forums by each member is dependent on said member adhering to the site rules and regulations.
6. There are three main site admins, who are also forum moderators. Together with the team of forum moderators we will ensure that the discussion in the forums stays on topic, non libellous, and as informal as possible.
7. If a Forum Moderator has cause to edit a post they will annotate the reason for moderation in the post.
8. If a post of yours has been moderated, and you disagree with it, please do not question the moderation in the forum itself. Contact the moderator concerned asking for an explanation. You will usually find posts are not moderated without good reason. If you question moderation within the forum, your post will be deleted without explanation.
9. Please bear in mind that this site advertises the Scottish Pool Association and its members to the world, so please behave responsibly and in a manner befitting our organisation.
11. You may feel at times that the moderation is harsh, but please bear in mind that the first impression many people have of the SPA is via this website, therefore it has to be policed.
12. You may edit or delete your own posts at any time. Just go to the topic where the post to be edited or deleted is located and you will see an edit or delete icon. Click on this icon to edit or delete the post. No one else can edit your post, except for the forum Moderator or the administrator. A note is generated at the bottom of each edited post displaying when and by whom the post was edited.
13. Pornography of any sort will not be tolerated on this board and will be deleted immediately.
14. Personal attacks will not be tolerated in the forums. Any posts contained abusive or unsuitable language will be deleted.
15. The forums are split into categories, and each category contains .threads. These are the Discussion topics. Before you post a new thread, please consider which topic category your thread will come under, and post it accordingly.
16. Please take time to check the category to make sure your question has been asked before, as sometimes you may not get an answer if it is to a commonly asked question.
17. Many of the members know each other and have met face to face, some as a result of communicating on the site. Please bear this in mind when communicating too!
18. If you have any questions or queries regarding using the site, we suggest you post in the forums first, that will likely result in the quickest response, we cannot always answer all questions speedily! We realise that the site is huge, however, and we have many pages of content, but please make sure you search the site thoroughly before asking in the forums too.
19. Please do not advertise articles for sale, or events in the forums. You will find sections available on the site for submitting both.
20. For an event submission please put together some words relating to the event. Do not worry about being able to write an article, just provide us with the information, and we will sort it for you. As a bare minimum, however, please include:
i) Location, date and time;
ii) Entry Fees, any restrictions to entry and prize fund/structure;
Contact details for more information.
21. .Once the article is on the homepage, feel free to discuss the event in the forums. The reason behind not putting it in the forums first is that the event will stay on the Homepage as an article, longer than it will stay in the forums.
22. Once the event has ended, we would ask that since you have been given the advertising for the event free of charge, you will be good enough to provide us with a post event report of the event.
23. Primarily the content of this website is aimed at adults, and young adults. Therefore we recommend that children under the age of 13 must not use this website and should leave immediately.
The forums legal disclaimer bit
24. Users of the scottishladiespool.com forums must abide by the following rules.
i) scottishladiespool.com and the Scottish Pool Association provides the forums to encourage discussion on certain pool matters and accepts no responsibility for views, defamatory or otherwise, expressed within those forums by individual (or group) forum users.
ii) scottishladiespool.com and the Scottish Pool Association accepts no responsibility for views posted in these forums by individual (or group) forum users. Individual (or group) forum users are solely legally responsible for any views, defamatory or otherwise, which they post in the forums.
iii) scottishladiespool.com and the Scottish Pool Association reserves the right to surrender individual (or group) forum user details to the appropriate authorities should legal proceedings take place.
iv) Use of the forums indicates that the above rules have been read and agreed between scottishpool.com and the Scottish Pool Association (the site) and any individual (or group) forum user.
v) Use of the forums indicates that all individual (or group) forum users accept the above rules as a legally binding contract in case of subsequent litigation.
Registering on the site
i) Registration is not required to view current topics on the Bulletin Board; however, if you wish to post a new topic or reply to an existing topic registration is required. Registration is free and only takes a few moments.
ii) We require you to provide us with a username, your real name, and a valid email address.
iii) The information you provide during registration is not outsourced or used for any advertising by scottishladiespool.com or the Scottish Pool Association. We may use your email address to send details of competitions events, and results to you.
iv) If you believe someone is sending you advertisements as a result of the information you provided through your registration, please notify us immediately.
Thank you and enjoy using scottishladiespool.com